Oh, happy day! It’s Red Dirt Ramblings’ tenth blogiversary! My first post, Why a Blog? was published on October 7, 2007. It seems like a lifetime ago, and yet, also, only like yesterday. I remember my hands shaking as I hit the publish button for the first time. This little blog and writer have come a long way since then so I think we should celebrate. Don’t you?
The lovely people at Garden Design magazine are giving my readers a year-long subscription to their wonderful publication starting with the Autumn 2017 issue. If you don’t want to wait to see if you’ll win, here’s a link to subscribe today.
For those of you who aren’t familiar with Garden Design, here are some details.
There are no ads in Garden Design. Surprising, but true. Stories are detailed, and the photography is beautiful. Each issue is large–148 pages–full of themed articles and photographs. Grab something good to drink and take your time to enjoy each issue.
In this post are photographs from the current issue. These photographs are from professional photographers. I kept Garden Design’s captions to keep things simple and make sure each photographer gets his/her due. For example, the photo, above, was taken by my friend, Saxon Holt, who takes exquisite photographs that speak to my soul.
Rules of the road
Here’s how our giveaway will work.
- Comment below and tell me why you’d like to win, and how long you’ve been reading my blog. I’d love to also hear what you’d like to see in the future. You’re also welcome to share it through Facebook and Twitter if you want. If you don’t, that’s fine too.
- The winner will be chosen by a random number generator. Only one entry per person.
- The contest will run from today until October 24, 2017, at Noon. The winner will be announced at the end of this post on that day so check back if you’re interested.
- I’ll also contact the winner via email so no anonymous entries please. I will need your email address too. It will not be published. It is part of the comment form.
- Please also indicate in your comment if you do or don’t want to be subscribed to future RDR posts. If you’re already a subscriber, let me know that too.
- One lucky winner will receive a 1-year subscription (4 issues) of Garden Design starting with the Autumn 2017 issue. The contest is only open to continental U.S. residents.
Look for another fun giveaway in a couple of weeks from another company I know and love.
Also, if you haven’t already subscribed to my posts, please fill out the form in the sidebar. With the way social media currently works–weighted upon a monetary design and click-bait-like controversy–you probably won’t see any of my posts unless you sign up. If you’d like to talk more about that someday, let me know.
One more thing, I didn’t receive any compensation for this post. I didn’t ask for any. I just wanted to celebrate this month with all of you, my readers. You make this blog possible, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.