Dear Friend and Gardener
A virtual garden club for those of us who grow our Own.
Carol Michel, Mary Ann Newcomer and I are starting a virtual garden club for everyone growing their own food, flowers or herbs this summer. It’s a fun club. There are no rules except if you grab the badge, please link it back to this page. Here, I will list everyone joining us for our summer adventure of growing our food, flowers and herbs. You are welcome to post once a month if you want. We’d love to see what you’re growing.
Thanks for joining in.
Carol Michel is a lifelong gardener and resident of Indiana. She has a degree in Horticulture from Purdue University and has written for Horticulture and Indiana Gardening magazines and The Southside Times newspaper published in Indianapolis. She is an avid reader and collector of old gardening books and claims to have the largest hoe collection in the world. She regularly writes about her old books, hoes, and many other topics on her garden blog, May Dreams Gardens, home of Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, and has a regular monthly column, Musings from May Dreams Gardens, on Women’s Voices Magazine.
Mary Ann Newcomer is a self-proclaimed “garden scribe, scout and speaker.” She blogs at Gardens of the Wild, Wild West. Known as the Dirt Diva on the River Radio, 94.9 in Boise, ID, she’s written for MaryJane’s Farm, Fine Gardening, American Gardener and Leaf. She is the author of The Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening in the Mountain States. (Timber Press 2014)
Dee Nash is the author of The 20-30 Something Garden Guide: A No-Fuss, Down and Dirty, Gardening 101 for Anyone Who Wants to Grow Stuff (St. Lynn’s Press 2014). I blog here and at Red Dirt Ramblings. She is also an award-winning professional writer, speaker and garden coach, born and raised in Oklahoma. She lives in a log cabin on an acreage between the Great American Prairie and the beginning of the deciduous forest. She gardens approximately an acre and grows vegetables, fruit, roses and other favorite perennials, grasses, trees and shrubs. Dee is a frequent contributor of writing and photography to Oklahoma Gardener magazine. She’s also written for Organic Gardening, Fine Gardening, and flower magazine. She also writes online for Fiskars Corporation and HGTVGardens.
Here’s a list of Dear Friend and Gardener participants.
Please go visit their blogs and see what everyone is growing this summer.
- pril from Artistic Gardener
- Andie from Andie’s Way
- Annie Earley
- Annie Haven at Authentic Haven Brand Tea’s blog
- Brenda at The Blonde Gardener
- Daricia at A Charlotte Garden
- Kathy from Cold Climate Gardening
- Pat from Commonweeder
- Teri at Cottage in the Court
- Lynn from The Dirt Diaries
- Shelley from The Edgy Gardener’s Blog
- Eleni from Fields of Basil
- Sandra at Flora’s Forum
- Letitia from Garden Anywhere Box
- Victoria from Garden Cook Travel
- Jessica at Garden. Plant. Grow. Eat.
- Daniela from Gardeners with Kids
- Sue from Gardening in a Car Park
- Donna from Garden’s Eye View
- Leslie from Growing a Garden in Davis
- Gwendolen at Gwendolen’s Garden
- Blythe from Hilltop Garden
- Maggie at Homegrown: Adventures in My Garden
- Jenny at J. Peterson Garden Design
- Jennie Brooks
- Jennifer from Jen & the Bean Stalk
- Jan from Mermaids and Cashmere
- Missing Henry Mitchell
- Maria at Morgan Creek Chronicles
- Tina at My Gardener Says
- Pam at Pam’s English Garden
- Peg at Pegplant
- Dawn at Petals. Paper. Simple Thymes
- Jean at Petal Talk
- Elizabeth at Pieceful Life
- Beth at Plant Postings
- Alana at Ramblin’ with AM
- Laurin at Ravenscourt Gardens
- Tiffany at Songbird Gardens
- Jackie from Southern Post Journal
- Sharon at Things I love Too–Marmee