Garden Coaching for Oklahoma Gardeners
- Is your landscape more than you can manage?
- Or, are you new to Oklahoma gardening and aren’t sure what to plant (or what to remove)?
- Did you buy an existing landscape from a gardener, and you don’t know the first thing about plants?
- Do you want a pop of low(er) maintenance color and help plant shopping?
Let me help you!
Sometimes you just need an experienced eye to help you up your garden game and make the most of your budget. That’s where I come in!
This is called “Garden Coaching.” (Yes, there’s a name for it!) I’ll help you and your garden put your best foot forward.
Here’s how it works:
Initial (Socially Distant) Meeting
I’ll visit your garden and discuss your priorities, including how you want to use your outdoor space, and listen to any concerns you have. Then, we’ll walk your property together to assess problem areas and highlight opportunities for improvement. You’ll take notes while I make suggestions and offer my thoughts. If you want me to write the notes, I can do that too.
Once we’re finished with the garden tour, you’re not on your own! Here’s how I’ll help you keep growing.
- An informal landscape drawing I’ll do on premises.
- Recommendations for plant selection and placement.
- Suggestions on where to buy plants and supplies. If you want me to shop with you, I can do that too.
- Complimentary text support.
From there, you can install and grow your garden yourself, or hire a landscape contractor, or even recruit a couple of college or high school students to assist you. Sometimes, we need strong backs to improve the soil and lay mulch.
Plan to spend 1.5 to 2 hours on your initial appointment if you have a standard suburban property. If your property is more than one acre, it will probably take more time and perhaps a second appointment.
Cost: Minimum of 1.5 hours at $80/hour plus travel time if outside the north Oklahoma City metro area for garden coaching visit and shopping help.
Let’s get started!
Contact me at email@example.com to get onto my schedule. I can’t wait to meet you!