Garden Coaching for Oklahoma Gardeners
- Is your landscape more than you can manage?
- Or, are you new to Oklahoma gardening and aren’t sure what to plant (or what to remove)?
- Did you buy an existing landscape from a gardener, and you don’t know the first thing about plants?
- Do you want a pop of low(er) maintenance color and help plant shopping?
Let me help you!
Sometimes you just need an experienced eye to help you up your garden game and make the most of your budget. That’s where I come in!
This is called “Garden Coaching.” (Yes, there’s a name for it!) I’ll help you and your garden put your best foot forward.
Here’s how it works:
I’ll visit your garden, discuss your priorities, including how you want to use your outdoor space, and listen to any concerns. Then, we’ll walk your property together to assess problem areas and highlight opportunities for improvement. You’ll take notes while I make suggestions and offer my thoughts. If you want me to write the notes, I can do that too.
Two years ago this summer I asked my friend Dee Nash to give me advice and draw a plan where perennials would be more manageable since I do all the gardening. She knows exactly what is best to plant with the soil I had to work with. I am so happy with my gardens, they do look beautiful. I highly recommend her, she is the best!
Once we’re finished with the garden tour, you’re not on your own! Here’s how I’ll help you keep growing.
- An informal landscape drawing I’ll do on-premises.
- Recommendations for plant selection and placement.
- Suggestions on where to buy plants and supplies. If you want me to shop with you, I can do that too.
- Complimentary text support.
With plant knowledge & creative expertise, Dee provided just the right suggestions & advice to help me achieve the perfect results for my garden! I will continue to refer her to my friends who want beautiful landscapes.
Plan to spend 1.5 to 2 hours for your initial appointment if you have a standard suburban property. If your property is more than one acre, it will probably take more time and perhaps a second appointment.
Cost: Minimum of 1.5 hours at $100/hour for a total of $150 plus travel time if outside the north Oklahoma City metro area for garden coaching visit and shopping help. I charge the standard mileage rate.
I greatly admire Dee’s blog so when I learned she does garden coaching I jumped at the opportunity! Dee’s perspective and fresh ideas were invaluable to me as well as her confirmation that I was on the right track with my own ideas. Dee’s advice helped me take my own skills to the next level- I’m a lot more comfortable trying new things as well as forgiving of myself when things don’t go as planned!