This weekend is an opportunity for me to remember that for which I am grateful. We ate with HH’s enormous family yesterday, and my small one comes over this Sunday. I’ll get to have dressing then because I’m preparing much of the meal, and it will be gluten and casein free.
Following are my top ten reasons for being grateful for this moment in time.
10. I live in a country where we are still free to worship God as we see Him. This is a freedom much of the world does not enjoy.
9. That, although much is made about the food at Thanksgiving, it is an opportunity to break bread and spend time with our friends and families.
8. That a five-year-old child, my nephew, came to visit and made me remember what it’s like to love fast cars (Hot Wheels), Batman, a soft, green blanket named Silky and Nilla wafers.
7. That the Blue Jays join the Cardinals in swoops, fits and starts, celebrating the abundance of bird seed in our feeders.
6. Having a husband who so “gets” me that he lets me keep expanding the gardens. That he sees the beauty in them too.
5. Last night’s rain.
4. Blue skies today.
3. Not having to go out in the crowds.
2. The companionship of a good book and hot tea and EnviroKidz Organic Gluten-Free Animal Cookies, Vanilla, 9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12). They aren’t Barnum’s, but they’re good.
1. My family.
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!